Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Margaret's Poem

Margaret gave me this poem after the meeting tonight in Payson. She wrote it in 1980! It is wonderful, and really hits the nail on the head!

Evening is the time of day
When mornings commitments fade away.
And losing weight must be steady
So I must get my mindset ready.

So when these cravings come past three
I want to remember the "Morning Me."
Who sets a goal and sees the end
Let "evening me" be "morning me's" friend.

Remember what choices will fill the bill
Use that wonderful, selective will.
I'm the only person who can make me win
So choose the food to make me thin!
~Margaret Leckie
1980

2 comments:

Argentine Rocket said...

Hi Marion! I can't believe I just saw your blog for the first time. Loved the poem, it's perfect for me! Also, I have a request... you got any good recipes for oatmeal raisin cookies? You know, one with lots of fiber, very crunchy and nutty, and not so much calories? Thanks! Keep blogging and running!
--Lucia

Marion said...

Hey Lucia! Thanks for checking out the blog. I just loved that poem too.
Your running really inspires me and I am so glad I found the FBR! It is a life saver! Hopefully I will be up and running again in a few weeks! Live and learn :D