I don't think there is anything that beats this beautiful fall weather! My friend Kim and I found a wonderful trail that took us on the most beautiful adventure. Take advantage of these great temperatures and get out there. Maybe go for a walk or a bike ride. Who knows where you'll end up :)
This week in meeting we are going to be looking a ways that our past experiences can help up attain our current weight loss goals. We have all had successes and mistakes in our past that can help us succeed RIGHT NOW! Please come in this week and learn how our past flubs are not failure- just feedback!
Be sure to stop by a fruit stand and take advantage of all of the wonderful peaches and apples. WOW are they good. My favorite peaches right now are the Diamond Princess. They are WONDERFUL!!!
See you soon!
|Was POINTS® Value: 7|
Now POINTS® Value: 3
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 26 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|Take advantage of sweet summer peaches with our delicious cobbler. It's even more flavorful when made with white-variety peaches.|
- 6 medium peach(es), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 6 1/3 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of sugar (5 1/3 tablespoons), cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil; cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
- To make topping, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Work in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
- Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture over peach mixture. Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
- You can enhance the peach flavor of this recipe by swapping 1 teaspoon of almond extract for the lemon juice. And stir 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds into the topping, if desired (does not affect POINTS value).