I just realized that I skipped last week. I guess with school getting back in session, I have lost a bit of time :)
I hope you have been able to embrace the last two meeting topics. Learning how to set small goals, stepping stones if you will, make every journey much more enjoyable and attainable. Making interim goals keeps success very close and much more motivating. You are never far away from the next success!
Last week we talked about the "zones" we find ourselves in. Have you learned to live in the Comfort Zone, not too full or too hungry? Have you learned to spend less time in the sedentary zone, and get out and enjoy this beautiful weather? Take some time to read pages 52-59 of your week one Eating Wisely booklet and really learn more about living in the Comfort Zone!
Now this week we are introducing a wonderful new program to Weight Watchers that will not only help you to "Lose for Good," but this campaign will help the weight we lose, help others for good! This is really exciting and very timely! Come and join us in a great movement to help yourself and others all over the world!!
Roasted Green Beans and Fresh Tomato
|POINTS® Value: 0|
|Sometimes simple is best. Just a few fresh herbs are all you need to accentuate the natural flavors of sweet tomatoes and roasted green beans.|
- 3 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cup green snap beans, trimmed
- 2 cup grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quartered, if large)
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, cut into ribbons, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic, or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place green beans in a single layer in prepared pan and coat with cooking spray. Roast until desired doneness, stirring once or twice, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of basil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- When green beans are finished, remove from oven and spoon tomato mixture into pan; toss thoroughly. Serve hot, room temperature or chilled, topped with remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- This is the perfect side for a burger, grilled chicken or steak. It's equally delicious served on mixed greens drizzled with balsamic vinegar, with herbed brown rice, or added to marinara sauce and then tossed with pasta and topped with shredded cheese.