Yes, for real, summer is over, and now it's fall. Should we have a moment of silence ;)
Hey, I think I hear something... is it music? Yeah, it's music! LET'S DANCE!!! Come in this week and see how music and dancing can really motivate us all to move more and have a GREAT time!
Have a wonderful day and enjoy this beautiful fall weather! Have a try at the two yummy recipes below! They sound so YUMMY!!!
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
3 medium raw eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
4 small tomato(es), plum, seeded and chopped
4 medium garlic clove(s), peeled and chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
9 serving dry lasagna noodles, 9 noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Mama Mia Vegetable PiePoints- 3
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), chopped
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 3 medium portobello mushroom(s), (equivalent to 1/2 cup) chopped
- 12 oz canned tomato sauce
- 6 oz firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 2 cup cooked spaghetti
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion and mushroom; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and tofu (be sure to thoroughly drain the tofu before crumbling it up and adding it to the sauce). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a 9-inch-deep pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange spaghetti in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Pour tofu mixture over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.