Sunday, May 24, 2009

VICTORY!!! Yummy Lowfat Homemade Ice Cream!!!

Just a quick reminder that all Weight Watchers meetings will be closed May 25th, for Memorial Day. Please take a moment to find another time to come and hit a meeting this week. It will be well worth your while :)
Now- for those of you who hit any of my meetings last week, you know I am a homemade ice cream junky. I LOVE IT!!! Today, I made a delicious batch of LOW FAT, LOW POINTS Strawberry Banana ice cream :) It is so good. I just finished my entire 1 cup for only a points value of 3. A 1/2 C serving has only 1 point :) I am one happy girl!!! Now, I do have a 6 quart ice cream maker, so you will need to modify this for a 4 or 2 quart ice cream freezer. Here it is... drum roll please...
Homemade Ice Cream- Strawberry Banana
POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 24

Ingredients

2 large banana(s), mashed
6 cup(s) strawberries, pureed
6 large egg(s)
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 cup(s) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
2 cup(s) SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
12 cup(s) 1% Low fat Milk

Instructions

1 C serving has 3 points
1/2 C serving is 1 point
In a heavy pan, mix well, 6-8 cups of milk, I cup flour and six eggs. Heat over medium flame until the mixture becomes thick. REmove from heat and add 1/4 C vanilla, sweetened condensed milk and splenda. Let cool until it is cold in the refrigerator or freezer. Blend the strawberries and bananas with just enough milk to blend well (It took 3 blender fulls to get it all blended). Combine everything in 1 and 1/2 gallon ice cream maker. Add remaining milk to fill line. Freeze according to your freezers instructions. Please email with any questions.

No comments: