Saturday, May 23, 2009

We've been missing you!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all. I hope you are spending time doing the things you love this long weekend. I sure hope you made it into a meeting this week to learn some GREAT ways to Prepare Yourself for this fun weekend .
I have been noticing that our meetings are getting a bit smaller lately . I know this time of year can be really busy with graduations, ball games and lots of other fun stuff. I sure hope that you will find a way to get yourself into a meeting this week. Meeting attendance was CRUCIAL for my weight loss success and it is ESSENTIAL to yours. People who attend their meetings lose 3 times as much weight as people who go it alone. I know you have heard this before, but I am proof it is true. Come on in and remind yourself how much these meetings can do for you... and besides I MISS YOU!!!

Now this weeks meeting was made for ME . Yep- it's on MOTIVATION- how to get it and how to keep it! As many of you know, I am training for my first marathon next month. It has been REALLY hard, and really rewarding, and REALLY stressful! When I get stressed, like many of us, I EAT! When I worry, I eat. When I am tired, I eat. The marathon has caused me to really have to focus on what I want, REALLY want, when I am feeling tired, sore and like crawling into my bed with a bag of Oreo's and ice cream. We all have times when our motivation wanes and lags, it's a natural part of change and the weigh loss and maintenance cycle. This week in meeting we are going work on the fabulous Tool for Living, Motivation Strategy. This is a "must have" skill, and one that needs some fine tuning at times. Please, please, please come in and see me .

To DIE For Cherry Brownies
2 pkg, Hershey's Kisses Brownie Mix (2 - 1 lbs 4 oz mixes) Costco has a 6 pack

1 - 15 oz can black beans w/ liquid, pureed in the blender

4 egg whites

¼ C water

12 oz frozen cherries, cut in half (about 2 ½ C)

Puree beans in the blender with their juice, and the ¼ C water. Once pureed, add the egg whites and blend to incorporate. Pour blender contents into a bowl with the brownie mix. Mix until just moistened. Fold in Cherries. Do not over mix. Bake in a large 9x13 (10¼ x 15¼), greased baking dish, for 40 min, 375 degrees, and 10 min with the oven off. Cut into 32 squares (4x8). 3 POINTS per brownie ( vs. 5 POINTS w/o modifications)



Buttermilk Tomatillo Dip

1 pkg Hidden Valley "The Original Ranch Buttermilk Recipe Salad Dressing Mix (Be sure to get the BUTTERMILK recipe) JUST THE POWDER

1 jalapenos

2 tomatillos, de-husked and quartered

1 bunch cilantro

juice of one lime

2 cloves of garlic
2 Cups fat free mayonnaise
Starting with the tomatillos, blend in the blender. This is the most amazing dip ever. 1/4 Cups of the dip is ZERO POINTS :) 1/2 a cup is 1 POINT. 1 C is 2 POINTS. It's 7 POINTS if you eat ALL of it :) If you are leary of jalapenos, add a 1/2 to start with and then taste. Add more as needed. I have added the whole thing and find it very mild.
It makes nearly 4 Cups.
***You could try 2 C of fat free sour cream for the same POINTS value***

No comments: