Sunday, April 20, 2008

Would you like fruit with that?

Hi Everybody!

The bulbs are blooming, the grass is greening, and the air is WARMING!! Yeah! Spring is finally here! (right?)

Now with all of the beautiful weather, we are all getting ready for the fruits of summer! What a perfect time to look at ways to help those around us, help us, to keep on track with our healthier life styles. This weeks meeting topic is all about how to covertly or maybe not-so-covertly get those around us on board. Lets face it, if we are going to make changes to our lives, those with whom we share our lives, really need to be a support to us. These shifts in our relationships can be a little rocky, but with some tools and helpful habits, we can make some huge strides in getting our co-workers and loved ones, extending the support we need.

Now, I do have a recipe for you, Upside-Down German Chocolate Cake, but it is the "DEVIL" right now- about a million points per slice. My sister-in-laws, sister-in-law, made it for us over the weekend in Denver and I am going to fiddle with it to come up with a "lower-POINT" version. I apologize for the teaser- but hey... when it is ready, it's gonna knock your socks OFF!

As for last week's meeting topic, how are those excuses to avoid activity going? Did you blast any of them out of the water, per my meeting challenge last week? I sure hope so. Remember- what and how much you eat is EVERYTHING- but activity is the magic that keeps it all together. Plain and simple.

Mike Huckabee said: "When people ask, "How do you find time to exercise?" I respond, "I don't find the time, I make the time! If you wait until you find time, you will never--hear me--never find it. You must make time for taking care of your body just as you would make time to go to work, to shower, to eat, or to take in a movie."

No comments: