I hope that y'all are enjoying this special time of year. I really do love the holidays, but am feeling pretty grateful that they are only once a year :) We decorated gingerbread houses tonight, and I finally got all of the royal icing off of the floors, benches and chairs :) My sweet son wants to know when he can eat his masterpiece :)
Well, I sure hope that you have your meeting scheduled for this week. This week, we are going to be working on how to stick it out when it gets just too hard! Perseverance is our best friend. Perseverance is the key to our success, today, tomorrow and through the rest of the year. Come on in and see how we can get that perseverance level up and STRONG. I can't wait to see you!
Visit my blog at Melting Marion
***If you would like to be removed from this e-mail list, please reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
All are welcome!***
Lentil and Black Bean ChiliIngredients
|POINTS® Value: 5|
Preparation Time: 14 min
Cooking Time: 22 min
Works with Simply Filling
|1 1/2 cup(s) dried lentils, French-variety, picked over for debris|
| ||1 Tbsp olive oil|
|1 large onion(s), diced|
|1 large sweet red pepper(s), diced|
|2 Tbsp minced garlic|
| ||3 Tbsp chili powder|
| ||2 tsp dried oregano|
| ||1 1/2 tsp ground cumin|
| ||1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
| ||1 tsp kosher salt|
|29 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted with chiles, undrained|
|31 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
| ||1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped|
- Place lentils in a large sauce pan and cover with water by several inches; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are tender but retain a little bite, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, pepper and garlic, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- In a cup, combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne and salt; add to skillet and stir well to combine. Cook, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, and beans to skillet; stir well to combine. Cover skillet and simmer so flavors can blend, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fold in lentils and cilantro; serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- *Could affect POINTS values.
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.