Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why I am Walking!

I have a hard time putting into words the reason I am walking (running, probably). I have seen, in the women who face breast cancer, a real courage that is not seen very frequently. They live with such conviction, and their ability to fight ,and not give up, inspires me so much.
Last year, the week after the event, my sister-in-law's mother died after a 17 year battle with breast cancer. She never quit fighting, but more importantly, she never quit LIVING. At her funeral, Elder David A. Bednar spoke and quoted Elder Neil A Maxwell's comments about what he had learned during his battle with cancer. He told Bednar, "It is far more important to NOT SHRINK, than it is to survive."
So many of the wonderful women in our lives face this disease, and they live each day, and fight each day, with such honor and courage. Let us honor them and fight along side of them.
Please come walk with us and share in this great celebration of their courage, beauty and lives!

No comments: