Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The New Provo-Orem Center ROCKS!!! & The Walk-It Challenge is upon us!

Hi friends!!!
I just wanted to send a shout out from our Weight Watchers meeting and say HI!!!!   

The Walk-It Challenge is coming upon us right quick here.  It will be held May 21st in Lehi at Willow Park (area 6), just off Lehi Main Street after the round-about and the ball fields.  It begins at 1pm, so get there by 12:30 so we can start on time.  There is no entry fee.  We will have water and fruit :)  I can't wait to see you!!!!  Please bring all of your friends and family!

 Oh, I read this poem and thought about all of those times at the scale when the losses aren't anything like we'd hoped...

ONLY ONE POUND

 

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should.  I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty, or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right no saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you- your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!

-Author Unknown


Hey, many of you have already been in to see us at our NEW beautiful Provo-Orem Center [1407 South State Street, Orem (right next to Subway... behind Sunflower Market)].  For those of you who have not come in, PLEASE COME SEE US AGAIN SOON!   I know that I say it all of the time, but the meetings just aren't the same without you!!


Here are some delicious recipes just for you :)


Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Thanks to Jolene Jackson, L-UT)

Prep. Time:  15 min

Cook Time:  10 min

Servings: 4

PointsPlus Values: 8

 

2 cups, 4 handfuls, fresh shitake mushrooms  (I just used canned, that's what I had)

1 1/3 to 1 ½ pounds thin cut chicken breast or chicken tenders

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper

3 cloves garlic, chopped

inch ginger root, finely chopped or grated, optional

1 orange, zested

½ red bell pepper, diced small

1 small tin, 6-8 oz, sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped

3 scallions, chopped

3 Tbsp. hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian Foods aisle of market

½ large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered

Wedges of navel orange – platter garnish

 

Directions

Remove tough stems from mushrooms and brush with damp towel to clean, Slice mushrooms.  Chop chicken into small pieces.

 

Preheat a large skillet or wok to high.

 

Add oil to hot pan.  Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or 2.  Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger.  Cook a minute more.  Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions.  Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture.  Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly.  Transfer the hot choppedbarbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettucealong side.  Add wedged oranges to platter to garnish.  To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze an orange wedge over.


--
~Marion~

My Provo Monday Meetings are at 10 am & the Payson Wednesday meeting is at 6pm
**to UnsUBSCriBE to our email list, please reply to this email with UnSUBSCRIBE in the subject line ****

No comments: