Monday, March 3, 2008

I ATE it!---a GREEN Smoothie PPV Updated

Happy days are here again! Yes- March has arrived and I am very happy- needless to say! I know she snowed on us Saturday night- but hey, the sun is shining today! Oh- I sure love spring!!

Alright- this weeks meeting is so great! We are going to be going through the Good Health Guidelines. Now some of you may not have embraced these 8 miracles of health (ok- maybe they aren't quite miracles... but you catch my drift). The whole point of Weight Watchers is to help you to get to a healthy weight and then learn to maintain that loss- FOR LIFE. Our Good Health Guidelines are here to help you on your way. We have all learned on the Flex Plan, that we can have 1 chicken breast for 3 POINTS or we can have a Twinkie for 3 POINTS. Here's the deal- we can eat either, and so long as you are within your points budget, you are going to lose. Now here is the kicker- you are going to be far more satisfied and HEALTHY with the chicken breast. You will actually feel better. By incorporating and following the Good Health Guidelines, you will be more satisfied and healthier. Most of us have found ourselves overweight and unhealthy, by making poor food choices, too often. By adding the Good Health Guidelines to our daily eating habits, we will go a long way to attaining an maintaining a healthy weight.

Please come to meeting this week with your favorite ways to include the Good Health Guidelines into your daily life.

Now for the news flash of the year!- I made a Green Smoothie and actually liked it. The one I made had spinach, parsley, cucumber, flax seed oil, banana, an orange and pineapple. I ended up with 9 servings of fruits and veggies, 2 t healthy oils, and about 5 cups of smoothie. There are TONS of stories about how healthy they are for you- I don't know about that, but I will let you now if I notice a huge difference in my energy, etc :)


Here is Lynda's recipe for the Green Smoothie from Dr. Oz. Mine is an rendition of this one.

Green Drink
1 orange
1/2 cucumber
2 handfuls spinach
1 TB fresh ginger
1 TB lemon juice
1/2 c fresh parsley
1/4 c water
Blend with a few ice cubes

Now for the more conservative of the bunch- here is my favorite smoothie yet:

ORANGE DREAM SMOOTHIE
1 pt vanilla smoothie mix
1 frozen orange, in sections
1/2 C skim milk
3/4 C water
Blend until smooth. Super yummy- 3 PPV , 2 fruits, 1-1/2 dairy. If you add your oil- it makes it five and WOO HOO, you got your oil in!

Have a great week!

No comments: