Thursday, April 22, 2010

Two YUMMY Finds!

Ok- two GREAT things.  #1, I have been really needing to get more whole grains in, so I busted out the wheat.  I looked up some ideas on line for what to do with it.  I eventually ended up cooking in in my rice cooker (1 cup wheat, 4 C water).  I pulled it out of the rice cooker.  I put some salt and spray butter on it.  It was good.  I saw an onion and decided to chop a bit.  Then I spied a baggie in the fridge of left over carrots and broccoli.  I chopped them up and added them.  Next, I spied a cucumber.  Chopped and added.  Then, the very last PERFECT addition... AVOCADO!  Oh my goodness.  This was SO good and HUGE and totally filling!  YUMMY!  Find #2.  I have been thinking about this all day.  I took 100 grams of frozen blueberries and 100 grams of frozen strawberries, coarsely chopped.  Next, I added 1 strawberry fiber one yogurt.  The yogurt froze over all of the fruit.  It was a huge bowl.  The pic is posted below :)

Thursday, April 22, 2010
Morning
1  item(s) The Alternative Bagel Roasted onion 1
50  gm avocado 1.5
1  medium orange(s) 1
1  serving(s) Ham, Costco Kirkland Extra Lean 1
Subtotal 4.5
Midday
1  cup(s) 1% low-fat milk 2
100  gm unsweetened frozen blueberries 0.5
100  gm unsweetened frozen strawberries 0.5
2  cup(s) Swiss chard 0
1  serving(s) Flax Seed Meal 1
1  tsp flaxseed oil 1
1  packet(s) Smoothie Drink Mix French Vanilla 1
1/2 cup(s) scalloped potatoes 4
Subtotal 10
Evening
1/2 cup(s) mashed potatoes 2
4  cup(s) spinach 0
1  Michelle's Meatloaf 4
Subtotal 6
Anytime
1/4 cup(s) uncooked wheat berries 2
50  gm avocado 1.5
100  gm unsweetened frozen blueberries 0.5
100  gm unsweetened frozen strawberries 0.5
1  item(s) peanut butter cookie(s) 2
1  serving(s) Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt 0
Subtotal 6.5
Food POINTS values total used 27
Food POINTS values remaining 0
Activity
65 min yoga 3
60 min Digging, spading, filling garden, composting 3
30 min Sit-ups (vigorous effort) 4
58 min Running  5 miles 8
Activity POINTS values earned 18
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
        
Milk & Milk Products
   
Fruit & Vegetables
        
Multivitamin/Mineral
 
Healthy Oil
   
Activity
 
Lean Protein
  
Whole Grains
 

No comments: