Tuesday, April 13, 2010

YUMMY Sausage & Biscuits!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVE sausage and biscuits!  The trouble is that they are SO pointy .  Any hoots, I finally tried the Morning Star Breakfast Sausage Patties from the Costco freezer section  http://www.morningstarfarms.com/product_detail.aspx?id=355.  It is made from TVP (texturized vegetable protein [soy]).  It's not too bad for two points .  DON'T OVER COOK THEM!!!
Now for the biscuit part .  I have found that you can make your families favorite biscuits from scratch.  What I do to lighten the point load, is to use canola oil instead of the shortening or butter.  When you do this, you can decrease the amount by half.  So if the recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of shortening or butter, I just use a 1/4 cup of canola oil.  This drastically reduces the point value for the biscuits .

No comments: