Friday, June 19, 2009

Will I Ever Learn???

How many times do I say, "Figure out your points BEFORE you eat the food???" 30, 40 , 50 times a week? Well, I am a total MORON and need to take my own advice. Story following...
Yesterday I decided to make a recipe that my friend made for Playground Granola Bars. So I Google'd the recipe and started to make them. First mistake- I CAN'T READ!! I looked at the nutrition label. There were 131 calories so I figured 2 points per bar and ate them while I was figuring the "real" points because I had modified it a bit and cut more bars than the recipe called for. The problem here is that the 131 was NOT calories, it was the fat grams for the WHOLE recipe!!! Problem #2- I CAN'T COUNT!!! I thought I had made 64. So, with my modifications, the bars now had THREE points per bar... HOLY CRAP... I had already eaten 4!!!! Then I go back in the kitchen to double check my math and have another bar.. and SUPER HOLY CRAP, I had only cut 48!!!! The bars now have 4 points per bar. So, I ate one more bar and went to work a defeated woman... full of despair and raw oats!
I went over my points budget for the day by TWENTY!!! On a lighter note I was still down 1.6 lbs today :D The extra ten I gained over night from the marathon are coming off finally :) That is the one good thing about water retention... it eventually comes off!!! :)
Here's to a better day and higher mental function ;D
Here is what I ate for the Thursday:
2 c watermelon..2 pt
2 mini bagels...2pt
1.5 C mixed fresh fruit...2 pts
2 C pasta...7 pts
6 granola bars...26 POINTS
6 oz raspberries...1pt
milk... 1 pt
1 slice sour dough...1 pt
2.5 servings of G2...1.5 points
total 45.5 points for the day. 20.5 points over :( No activity for the day :( My left quad is not very happy and I am resting it :D

No comments: