Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yam Fries??? :p PPV Updated

Now, while I have had a bite of two of yams in my life, I HATE THEM!!! They are too starchy and sweet and YUCKY!!! So, for my new fruit or veggie for the day, I am making baked Yam Fries. I sure hope they taste good!
I just tried these... THEY WERE AWESOME!!!! I cut them into fries and then just placed them on a sprayed baking sheet and then strayed the fries with Pam and salted them. We ate them with ketchup. TASTY!!!

2 lg. unpeeled sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. pepper
Vegetable cooking spray
Scrub potatoes; cut each into thin (4 x 1/4 x 1/4 inch) strips. Combine oil and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stir well. Add potatoes and toss well. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Yield 4 servings.
198 grams equals 4 PPV ;D


No comments: