Friday, January 1, 2010

I am wounded :(::::::::

Some say that sledding is fun.  Some say that sledding is dangerous and only for the fools of the world.  I say that I am an idiot and sledding is fun... if you don't get hurt!  I took my first run, in probably 20 years, down a road that is closed in the winter due to its steep slope.  The locals of Woodland Hills use it for sledding, I'd say ultimate sledding.  I was on a little blue saucer.  Well, I immediately ended up sledding backwards. About half way down the hill, on one side, there is a HUGE jump.  I hit the jump pretty square on, getting some serious air landing pretty flat with a little accent on my left sits bone... OUCH!  The teenagers just below the jump looked at me in awe, probably wondering if I was going to burst into tears.  I just gave them a thumbs up, they cheered and I went the rest of the way down.  At the bottom, there is a little snow ridge, made for stopping, that I just plowed through onto the road below, STILL BACKWARDS!  Even though I was on the asphalt, I was still moving FAST.  The only thing I could think of to do to stop, was to just flatten myself out.  This eventually stopped me, but my coat is pretty trashed.  I am very glad I had on a fur lined suede coat, or I'd have some good road rash.  Oh the joys of a family outing :)  I am feeling OK right now, except it really hurts to sit, or stand, or bend.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :)  Life is good!  Oh, and I did do more sledding runs.  My husband watched my whole first run and was pretty sure I was finished for the day after the jump, but no not me!  I need to learn how to ski!
As for the food, hmmm... I sort of went a little bit nuts at my friends house after the sledding.  I ate too much food.  I did earn a ton of activity points today, but much of my WPA is gone and I can live with that.  I am going to ice my bum and try to see if I can keep tomorrows soreness at bay, a bit :)  I think I am going to be out of luck.

Friday, January 01, 2010
Morning
2  item(s) Belgian waffle(s) 3.5
2  Tbsp pancake syrup 2.5
1/2 cup(s) aerosol whipped cream 1.5
Subtotal 7.5
Midday
61  gm brie cheese 5.5
2 1/3 cup(s) mixed baby greens 0
1  medium orange(s) 1
2  Tbsp fat-free Italian salad dressing 0
1  cup(s) mushroom(s) 0
1  tsp olive oil 1
Subtotal 7.5
Evening
1 1/2 cup(s) Chex mix
9
2  serving(s) Large Pizza (includes crust, sauce & cheese) Crunchy Thin Crust (1/8 of 14-inch large pizza) 8.5
1  envelope(s) Rich Chocolate Cocoa, No Sugar Added 1
1  serving(s) Apple Cider, Sugar Free 0
7  item(s) cashews 2
1  oz peanut brittle 3
somethingelse I ate 2
Subtotal 25.5
Anytime
1  tsp flaxseed oil 1
1  serving(s) Salami, Gallo hard 3
1  cup(s) dried apple(s) 3.5
Subtotal 7.5
Food POINTS values total used 48
Food POINTS values remaining 0
Activity
30 min stretching 1
46 min Running
7
15 min Sit-ups
2
30 min Sledding 4
Activity POINTS values earned 14
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
        
Milk & Milk Products
   
Fruit & Vegetables
        
Multivitamin/Mineral
 
Healthy Oil
   
Activity
 
Lean Protein
  
Whole Grains
 




Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments: