I was just sitting here and realized that I didn't send out an email to y'all this week! Here's a short one with some GREAT quotes and recipes. See you tonight!!!
"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your
command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
-- George Herbert
"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."
-- Richard M. Nixon
"I think when you move past your fear and you go after your
dreams wholeheartedly, you become free. Know what I'm saying?
Move past the fear."
-- James Todd Smith (aka LL Cool J)
About 3 lbs. of lean pork loin...I cut off additional fat
1 tablespoon of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
Place pork in a Crockpot, rub on salt and pour on liquid smoke and cook on low for about 11 hours, shred and serve withbrown rice or on whole wheat buns as a sandwich. You can add BBQ sauce or I found a Kona Coast aloha sweet onion sauce atFresh Market.
It makes about 12 servings at 4 Points Plus Values each serving. A cup of brown rice is 5 PPV's, Kona Coast sauce is 1 PPV per tablespoon.
4 POINTS PLUS for the entire serving
1 cup ice (I use chopped from my ice machine)
1 cup Fat Free milk
1/2 cup frozen sweet cherries
1 tsp. almond extract
1 package Nestle hot cocoa mix
Mix in food processor or blender until thick and smooth. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
So good and so filling!
PointsPlus™ Value: 9
4 ½ cups cooked brown rice, (3/4 cup cooked brown rice per serving)
1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 pound lean beef steak, sliced thin, 1- to 2-inch long pieces
2 cups sugar snap peas
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions: intended yield: six [3/4 cup cooked] rice servings.
2. Heat oil in wok or skillet. Add peas and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove to plate and add beef, garlic and pepper. Stir fry until meat is brown.
3. Combine soy sauce, water, sugar, and starch in a bowl. Return peas to pan and toss with meat.
4. Add soy mixture and stir fry until thick. Remove from heat and serve over steamed brown rice.
5. Top each serving with equal sixths of cilantro and peanuts.