Friday, January 21, 2011

right on the nose

So I made Chicken Enchilada tonight for my family.  I ran it through e-tools and it was 10 PPV per enchilada.  So, being the good weight watcher member that I am, I ran it through with lower ppv tortillas and low fat cheese.  It brought the total down to 9 PPV.  Well, I decided to leave it the way it is.  I did use light sour cream and 98% fat free cream of chicken soup.  I was kinda bummed that I couldn't get it any lower than 9 PPV.  I ate my ONE enchilada and some carrots and a banana.  I could have easily eaten two of them.  I should have made a big salad to go along with the dinner, but frankly, after all the work for the enchiladas, I was pooped! ;)  On a related side note, I told my hubby that they enchiladas were 10 PPV a piece and he put half of his second one back.  That's what he gets for leaving Snickers on my pillow ;)
I included the recipe for the enchiladas below, not because they are are great PPV, but because I know a lot of y'all love them and make them for your families.  It's good to know the PPV for things that we commonly eat.  It helps us to make the best choice possible.  Adding green peppers or green onions will not change the PPV.  Please just be sure to have a big salad before you sit down with a 9x13 of these bad boys!
Happy eats!
Oh and wish me luck at the scale tomorrow.  I am hitting the meetings on Saturday from now on.  I want that 100# loss and attending meetings is going to be my only shot!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Morning- Potato Egg Scramble :)
1  Tbsp chili sauce
0
1  item(s) egg
2
1  tsp olive oil
1
1  item(s) egg white(s)
0
1  Tbsp ketchup
0
100  gm potato, baked
2
Subtotal 5
Midday- Sandwich, apple and cheese
1  tsp Light Mayonnaise
0
64  gm whole-wheat bread
4
1  oz Genuine Dill Pickle(s)
0
1/2 slice(s) cooked lean ham
1
1  large apple(s)
0
1  serving(s) String Cheese String Cheese
2
Subtotal7
Evening
1  cup(s) carrot(s)
0
1  medium banana(s)
0
1  Chicken Enchillada, White ***see recipe below
10
Subtotal10
Anytime- snacks
1/3 serving(s) coffee cake
3
1  tsp flaxseed oil
1
2  cup(s) unsweetened frozen peaches, frozen
0
1/2 cup(s) buttermilk, pureed with the frozen peaches, banana and a bit of Stevia
1
21  gm whole-wheat bread, just a little snack
1
1  medium banana, frozen
0
1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1
1  tsp unsweetened cocoa
0
Pero made with hot water, stevia, 1/2 C milk and 1 t cocoa YUMM!!
0
Subtotal 7
Food PointsPlus values total used 29
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Activity
25 min yoga
2
24 min Running OUTSIDE!!! :D  Glorious!
5
11 min Walking 
1
Activity PointsPlus values earned 8
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
        
Milk & Milk Products
   
Fruit & vegetables
        
Multivitamin/Mineral
 
Healthy Oil
   
Activity
 

Chicken Enchillada, White- not so light ;)
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value:    10
Servings:  10

  3 breast(s) cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast   
16 oz light sour cream   
1 serving(s) cream of chicken, 98% fat free, whole can   
10 oz cheddar or colby cheese   
  4 oz canned green chili peppers   
1 cup(s) Old El Paso® Sauces Green Chilli Enchilada Sauce   
  1 cup(s) onion(s)   
10 serving(s) lynn wilson Flour Tortillas, thin style, 15 oz pkg. 10 count   
Put the enchilada sauce, onions, green chilies and chicken in the Crockpot all day.  When ready to assemble, shred chicken, mix in sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.  Pour the whole mixture through a strainer.  I use a ladle and do this right over the crock pot to save dishes.  Put a little sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.  Place the drained chicken mixture into the tortillas with a little sprinkle of cheese.  Roll.  Arrange in baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted.

No comments: